Pisa's Tower and Florence's Rooftops
05/30/2010 - 06/14/2010
6am - woke up, so earrrrrrly!
7am - left Germany, slept on the car. man, i miss my bed!
1pm - arrived in Pisa
- crazy vendors everywhere!!!
- sadly there was not much to see and do…
- the only thing is the leaning tower and after you have seen it, taken a photo of it, theres really nothing else but look at what the vendors are selling.
- we literally stayed for like 30mins and then looked at the vendors, bought some gelato bc it was SUPER hot and then left.
2pm - left Pisa
330pm - arrived in Florence
- checked in to our hotel rool which was basically an apartment. it was pretty cozy. there were 2 rooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom. my favorite part was the balcony. they had the scariest elevator ever! it was soooo old and you can only fit 3 people with duffle bags at a time! and if you dared jump while its going up, im pretty sure the elevator wouldve crashed to the floor. yea, prettty scary
- after getting all settled, we all went to sleep! hahahaha yeaaaaa
- i tried to sleep but i just couldnt bc it was in the middle of the day. so instead i uploaded the photos to my laptop bc i needed to start going through allllll the photos!
6pm - kat and derrick decide to wake up and we 3 go to the market in search of food. we’re going to make use of the kitchen. =]
- we sorta got lost but we eventually found our way to the market and got some food.
- before heading back to the apt, we stopped by this dessert place and kat bought helllla dessert
8pm - by the time we got back, lulu and mom were awake, so we cooked dinner and then ate
9pm - left apartment and headed for downtown Florence
- first time riding a bus in europe! it was pretty cool. you have to buy your ticket elsewhere, derrick bought ours at the tabaccheri, im guessing tabacco store? and when you get on the bus they have these machines that stamp your ticket. lulu and i stamped ours. but i guess you dont have too if the bus driver doesnt tell you to, you can keep re-using it. we didnt know. -___- but youre supposed to stamp it. man, everything in italy is lax. no one cares how fast you drive, no one cares if you stamp your ticket or not.
- we got off at the top of this hill and there was this huuuuuge statue of david. it wasnt the real one but still!
- we basically did a walking tour of downtown florence. we went to all the piazzas and the giant basillica. at one of the museums, there was some random guy singing and he had a big crowd just listening to him. the nightlife was alive! there were so many people out and about, it was crazy. it reminded me of when we were in Verona.
The next day -----------
9am - woke up
10am - left the apartment
- headed for the main market
- bought some wine and more groceries for dinner that night
- bought some souvenirs
- super hot out
- saw a car show
- ate some gelato
- visited a park
- saw darth vader
430pm - came back to the apt
- uploaded some more photos
- made dinner
- watched a soccer game